Hi to all,
Advanced array patch is an improvement of the modifier Array.
These changes are intended to give a bit of randomness to the copies.
Such as: location, rotation, scaling and materials, plus as many other small new features.
Tracker : http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=26662
GIT : https://github.com/ruesp83/Blender—AMA
Mac OS X: blender-ama-svn42671.dmg
This builds includes my new “Advanced Modifier Array”:
WORK IN PROGRESS:
1. Local Rotation.
2. Array distributed on a curve.
Advanced Modifier Array v0.5 beta3 new features and fixed bug (from v0.5.2) 14\12\2011:
1. FIX: “Start Cap” and “End Cap” appears in “Curves” without “Curve Cap”.
2. FIX: “Mid Cap” appears in “Curves” without “Curve Cap”.
3. FIX: Fixed a display bug in “Edit Mode” of the “Mid Cap”.
4. FIX: Initialization of variables for the rand offset.
5. UPD: New UI and improvements, based on PDF of Leandro Cavalheiro.
6. UPD: Two ways to use the modifier:
- “REGULAR” : Standard Method of cloning.
- “PATH” : Cloning along curve.
7. UPD: The “Offset Between” is now in the “Fit Type”.
8. ADD: Ability to bind object “Mid Cap” to a different curve from that of the copies.
9. ADD: Ability to add to the curve of the “Mid Cap” also “Start Cap” and “End Cap”,
respectively the first and last Control Points.
10. ADD: “Scale” can have negative values, to create clones smaller than the original.
11. ADD: The “Mid Cap” is subject to noise, but only in the “Sequence”.
12. ADD: “Start Cap – Mid Cap – End Cap” now have the ability to use a random material
belonging to the object cloned.
Advanced Modifier Array v0.5 beta2 new features and fixed bug (from v0.5.1) 3\11\2011:
1. ADD: Ability to add a “Mid Cap” in various sequences and on “Control Points” of a Bezier
and NURBS curve.
2. ADD: Ability to add multiple clones of a “Mid Cap”.
Advanced Modifier Array v0.5 beta1 new features and fixed bug (from v0.4) 278\2011:
1. FIX: When you allocate a new clone, the assigned material is not the first but the next.
2. ADD: Added option “Sequence” in the tab “Advanced Material”.
3. ADD: Possibility of repeating a material many times, in the mode: “Sequence”.
4. ADD: Ability to add a central object “Mid Cap”.
Advanced Modifier Array v0.4 new features and fixed bug (from v0.3) 178\2011:
1. FIX: Failure to deallocate the last clone.
2. FIX: The Dupli Group maintains the “Noise Offset” even if the Advanced Noise
3. FIX: Elimination from the undo of the button “Refresh For. Offsets”. So the undo of
the clones work well.
4. FIX: The functions for the “Offset Noise” now use the functions in “BLI_rand.h”.
5. FIX: “final_offset” was calculated with a clone more.
6. ADD: Each clone can now be associated with a random element of the “Dupli Group”.
7. ADD: The “Dupli Group” respects the “Restrict Mode” of the modifiers.
8. ADD: Updating the “Count” when you change the “Fit Type” except for “Fit Length”.
9. ADD: New UI.
10. ADD: The “Noise Offset” for Loc-Rot-Scale now has no limits.
11. ADD: The “Offset Noise” now has 5 decimal digits.
12. DEL: Elimination of the “noise factor”.
Advanced Modifier Array v0.3 53\2011:
1. ADD: Random variation of the position, with the choice of direction.
2. ADD: Noise Factor: multiplicative offset value.
3. ADD: Lock offset.
4. ADD: Saving and reading the offset locked.
5. ADD: Offset for scaling and rotation. (The rotation is based on the center of
the main subject)
6. ADD: Distributes the elements in a circle on an axis to choose.
7. ADD: Material random to each cloned.
8. ADD: Ability to tie a group array.
9. ADD: Cloning between two points.
Feature inspired by Mode 501: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mInaC4t8Vcc
10. ADD: New UI.
11. ADD: The noise offset is now updated only when pressing “Refresh Ad. Offset”,
inherent to the style of Blender.
• ALTA :
1. Dupli Group:
A. Assign the material of the clone to “Dupli Group” inherent.
B. Material at random also the “Dupli Group”.
2. Enter a button to the randomization of the materials. So it does not change the rand offset.
3. Associating a curve to the array.
• MEDIA :
1. Add offset to the rotation on its axis.
2. Choose the direction of the offset for the X-Y-Z.
3. To activate the “Dupli Group” even when you press the button “Apply” of the modifier.
4. Assign a color ramp to the modifier array for color gradient.
5. Mid Cap:
A. Allow to merge to the clones (Merge Verts).
6. OB-CAP: Keep the original material for each Cap.
7. Create a form to aspirale with clones.
See you soon with many new features!
Fabio Russo (ruesp83)
P.S.: I wish you a merry Christmas!!! :-)